If you are planning to stay in Malaysia longer than 90 days you will need to get a Malaysia driving license for foreigners. This can be done by either converting your original license into a Malaysian license (not possible for everybody) or sitting for the classes and examinations to get your Malaysian Driving License.
How can a foreigner get a driver’s license in Malaysia?
Converting Foreign Driving Licenses to Malaysian Driving License
- For non-Malaysian citizens, you must have a Long/Short Term Social Visit Pass, are on the MM2H programme, or are married to a Malaysian citizen. …
- Have a valid driver’s license from your home country that is equivalent to a Malaysian CDL or PDL.
Can foreigners drive in Malaysia?
Foreign nationals may drive in Malaysia if they hold (1) a valid foreign license AND (2) a valid International Driving Permit (IDP) issued in the same country as the foreign license. The U.S. Embassy in Kuala Lumpur does not issue International Driving Permits.
How can I get driving license in Malaysia?
Procedure to Get a Driving License in Malaysia
- Step 1: Register with a driving school. …
- Step 2: Complete the theory/computer examination. …
- Step 3: Get your LDL and complete a minimum of 16 hours of on-road lessons (practical) …
- Step 4: Complete and pass the road test. …
- Step 5: Drive on your Probationary license for 2 years.
How much does it cost to get a driving license in Malaysia?
The cost of obtaining a driving license in Malaysia through participation in classes is usually 1000 to 1500 ringgit and the minimum age is 18 years.
Can tourists drive in Malaysia?
You can drive in Malaysia with an international driver’s licence for up to 90 days only, and afterwards, you need to apply for a Malaysian license, however, drivers from certain countries such as Singapore, Germany, Australia, and Switzerland can use their foreign driving licence for the first three months then convert …
Can I use UK driving license in Malaysia?
You will be allowed to drive on your UK drivers licence while living in Malaysia for up to three months, or up to a year if you have an International Driving Permit (IDP). … After this, you will need to convert your UK driving licence into a local Malaysian driving licence.
Can I buy a car without a license in Malaysia?
There are no requirements for specific equipment in Malaysia. All drivers must have a valid license, along with car registration and insurance.
Which country can use Malaysia driving license?
Drivers holding a valid driver’s license of the 10 ASEAN member countries can use their national driver’s license in the nine other countries without the need to obtain an IDP. These countries are Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Brunei, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, and the Philippines.
Can I drive in Malaysia with Indian license?
As per the Malaysian Transport Authority (JPJ), valid Indian driving license holders can drive in Malaysia. The website clearly states that it doesn’t need to be an International Driving License.
How old can you drive in Malaysia?
|State||Minimum driving age|
|Malaysia||17 (cars), 16 (motorcycles)|
|Philippines||17 (student permit); 18 (non-professional & professional driver’s license)|
|Thailand||18 (cars and motorcycles); 15 (motorcycles with 110 cc or smaller engines)|
What is PSV license Malaysia?
A PSV licence — a type of vocational driving licence — allows the holder to drive any type of vehicle used to transport paying passengers. E-hailing driver-partners are now required to get a PSV licence.
How can I get GDL license in Malaysia?
- Registration of GDL. Registration can be performed at any driving schools or driving institutions. …
- Medical Check-up. Medical Check-up can be done in any clinics or hospitals. …
- Theory Course – 7 Hours. Date & Time depending on Driving Institute.
- Written Examination JPJ. …
- Obtaining GDL License.