A ten year old boy out admiring the New Year lights in Nakhon Phanom was lucky to live after being electrocuted on the banks of the Mekong River.
Thai Rath reported that the youngster is recovering in Nakhon Phanom hospital.
The family called on the authorities in the city to check electrical installations such as fancy lights.
Provincial governor Siam Sirimongkhon ordered his minions to carry out inspections.
And he reminded the public not to let their children wander off into restricted areas.
Source: Thai Rath