Information, Resources, Community

 
User avatar
AdminExpatInfo
Topic Author
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:47 am

Electric massage chair almost eats man alive in shopping mall

Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:09 pm

In Thailand, massages are very popular amongst locals and foreigners. Thai massage shops can be found in almost every mall and every street. They help relax and release some muscle pain. A cheap and fast alternative to having a real massage is a massage chair. Massage chairs can be found in malls here in Thailand at prices as cheap as 10 THB per message.

Image



The man became so relaxed that he started to close his eyes, but then suddenly the rollers in the chair pulled him in. Before he knew, his head and neck were trapped inside the electric massage chair. The chair did not have a safety system and the rollers kept on moving, the man was being strangled. He couldn’t breathe and no matter how much he struggles, he couldn’t get out.



Because these electric massage chairs are placed in public space, they can often be overused or overlooked without the proper mechanical care and check-ups that they require. In this case, a man came very close to death from a massage chair in the mall. The man was tired of walking in the mall and saw the massage chair. Because of the convenience, he decided to have a short massage in the electric massage chair.



Image



Passersby in the mall saw what was happening and rushed in to help him. At first, one person tried to pull him out, but the machine was too strong. Other good citizens came rushing in and together grabbed onto the man and successfully pulled him out. The man had no air and fainted, but luckily he was still breathing.



Image

 

The rescue team was called and paramedics came in to help the man. The good citizens that came to help the man were greatly relieved when they found out he had survived, but they will forever remember when they helped save a man who was almost killed by a massage chair.



Image



The chair, in this case, was used so many times and left without proper care, the support layer between the back and the massage rollers were no good. When the man sat on the chair, his neck became trapped in the rollers that pulled him inside the chair where the motor was. This is a good lesson to always check electric massage chairs and to never trust an electric appliance.


http://thairesidents.com
Attachments
Electric-massage-chair-thailand.jpg
Electric-massage-chair-thailand-1.jpg
Electric-massage-chair-thailand-2.jpg
Electric-massage-chair-thailand-3.jpg


SHARPLES APARTMENTS UDON THANI